Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Monday, June 23, 2008

Singing Praise

I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness,
and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.

-- Psalm 7:17, ESV
**********************************

Sunday was an awesome day! Grace and I had gotten permission to sing a special during evening service (because the worship teams lead music at night, we don't normally have specials then.) As it turned out, the other female vocalist wasn't going to be there, so the worship leader asked me to fill in. I was apprehensive, knowing that (based on Grace's testimony as their keyboard player) things tend to be a bit lax in the group, and that there wouldn't be a lot of practice time - it's just the way things are. I went to practice on Thursday, but the guitar player wasn't there, so it was very difficult to rehearse, and I went away feeling ill-equipped for Sunday night's service. Fortunately, after initially experiencing severe butterflies, my stomach calmed down, and we were able to practice enough before service that I thought I could get through it.

And get through it I did. There were some rough spots, and as usual, the sound guys didn't have the balance right (my husband and I have complained about this for a while), but God blessed. I was blessed. I worshiped. I felt I was serving the Lord and the congregation, something I haven't felt since changing churches almost two years ago. (There's not a lot one can do without being a member, and even if we were, my priority is taking care of my husband and family.) And, I hope, the congregation was blessed.

Oh, and our special went wonderfully! We sang Beautiful the Blood by Steve Fee and Louie Giglio. (Click for the lyrics.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At July 3, 2008 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Lori Stilger said...

    Hi, Ginny! :) Wow, how awesome that you got to bless and be blessed. I'm SO glad. I know about rehearsals being lax, etc etc. :D Somehow, though, it seems that we all find that sweet spot of worship, no matter the technical difficulties. :)
    BE BLESSED, dear friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home