Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Resurrection Sunday

If I read about eggs and bunnies on one more blog where the author claims to be a Christian, I think I will scream. It probably should make me sad, but instead it makes me angry. We are supposed to be celebrating the miracle of Christ's resurrection from the dead, of His atoning sacrifice on the cross of Calvary. Instead, many are participating in the pagan worship of Astarte, goddess of fertility. I'd urge you to read What is the Origin of Easter?

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God's will is-what is proper, pleasing, and perfect. (International Standard Version)

II Corinthians 6: 14 - 17 Do not become unequally yoked with unbelievers; for what participation is there for righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion is there for light with darkness? And what agreement is there for Christ with Belial? Or what part is there for a believer with an infidel? And what union is there for the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God, just as God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Therefore "Come out from the midst of them and be separated," says the Lord. "Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
(English Majority Text Version)

My prayer is that you are remembering Jesus Christ and Him alone today and every day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2008 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Elizabethd said...

    Thank you for that. It's time someone said it.
    For me the Resurrection is a time of re marvelling, renewing, if you like. Flowers at this time are all I want to see, forget bunnies etc!
    With discovering Heidi's blog I seem to have found a new group of Christian ladies, how wonderful. I am part of a small ladies group set in USA, called Romans12, 1-21, and that is a great support for me, living as we do , in France.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home