Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!


I say this every year, but it's hard to believe another year is nearly over. The last six months have been much easier than the first six due to my husband's switch to home dialysis in June. Other things I am thankful for:

~ Both times Phil was hospitalized in February all tests came back negative for blood infection;

~ Grace's graduation from high school in June;

~ Sarah's prolific garden and God's provision for us through it;

~ God's sustaining hand on me through those first six months of 2007;

~ Phil's myeloma remaining in remission;

~ Our lovely home and the blessing that a new (built late 2004) house brings in terms of not requiring [many] repairs;

~ My internet friends;

~ A solid church with good preaching;

~ My salvation.

I'm not big on making New Year's resolutions, but I would like to be better about reading my Bible. I think if I can do that, a lot of other things will fall into place.

"And put on the new man, to which God has given life, in righteousness and a true and holy way of living. "
(Ephesians 4:24, BBE)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2007 at 3:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ginny,
    My name is Lyn and I saw your post on Crystal's blog.

    I didn't see an email address but just wanted to say that I will keep you and Phil in my prayers.

    I am empathetic to health issues and just wanted to also say I know how hard it can all be to handle everything.

    I wish you both the best for 2008.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home