Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Testimony

gingram | 10 November, 2007 20:47

John 3:3 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (English Standard Version)

I came to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ in August, 1979. I was 19 years old.

As I look back, I can see God's working in my life. I grew up in a mainline denomination church, faithfully attending services, and singing in the youth and adult choirs. During one of my high school years I attended confirmation class and joined the church. I remember thinking "I must be a Christian now", but I still felt the same emptiness that had plagued my life for so long. It was during the summer of 1979 that God brought true, born again Christians into my life. One night after dinner, I went into the kitchen where we had a small television. I turned it on and listened intently as Billy Graham spoke. I realized for the first time that being a member of a church wasn't going to get me into heaven, but confessing my sin and my need of a Saviour would. My heart was opened and God welcomed me into His family,

Several years ago, I had the privilege of being lead female vocalist for o

ur then-church worship team. That experience taught me how to worship God in a real and exciting way, which was another turning point in my life, something I desperately needed.


Events Which Have Shaped My Life -

- Marriage to the most wonderfully patient man in the world on May 26

, 1984.


- Being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in June, 1994.


- Homeschooling my two daughters.

- My husband's diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma (incurable blood cancer) AND kidney failure on December 16, 2005. We endured 17 months of hemodialysis before Phil started on home dialysis in June, 2007. You can read more about Phil's cancer treatment by clicking here.

- Leaving our church of 16 years in early September, 2006. (I'm not going to elaborate out of respect for my husband's desire that we not discuss details.)






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home