Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Heart Troubles?

gingram | 26 November, 2007 19:21


Psalm 51:10 (KJV) "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."


Do you have heart problems? How do you know if you do?


Our pastor preached from Jonah chapters 3 and 4 on Sunday night. He listed five symptoms of heart troubles:


1. Failing to rejoice with those who rejoice. Romans 12:15


2. Failing to see God's grace toward you and respond to others as He responds to you.


3. Being more concerned with our own comfort than what God is doing.


4. Being angry toward God.


5. Showing no concern for the eternal souls of others.


Jon 3:1 Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying,
Jon 3:2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it the message that I tell you."
Jon 3:3 So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh . . .
Jon 3:5 And the people of Nineveh believed God.
Jon 4:1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was angry.
Jon 4:2 And he prayed to the LORD and said, "O LORD, is not this what I said when I was yet in my country? That is why I made haste to flee to Tarshish; for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and relenting from disaster.
Jon 4:3 Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live."


Imagine being angry enough to want to die - all because God brought to repentance an entire city?


How is your heart?


You can hear the entire message by clicking here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home