Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bad News

We found out early Friday evening that my husband's cancer is no longer in remission. It stinks. In my head, I know that Romans 8:28 is true, but I'm not feeling it in my heart. I don't want to go through this again - the treatment, the feeling lousy. The strain it puts on me to transport Phil to treatment. It's been a terrible couple of months for me, with my fibromyalgia giving me more pain, stiffness and fatigue than I've had previously. I can only hope that I will feel better once it's warmer.

If you're interested, you can visit the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation or International Myeloma Foundation for information on Multiple Myeloma and treatments. You can also go to Phil's Caring Bridge site and read the journal I've kept on Phil since June 6, 2006 (nearly six months after his initial diagnosis on Dec. 16, 2005.)

To this promise I must cling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home