Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Words to Live By

God is the one
who began
this good work in you,
and I am certain
that he won't stop
before it is complete
on the day
that Christ Jesus returns.

-- Philippians 1:6, CEV

Many years ago, I chose this as my life verse. Every time I read these words, I am awed that God chose me "before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4), that He is continually working in me, and that He won't stop until Jesus Christ returns in all His Glory.

What a precious promise!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM , Blogger Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

    It is a precious promise, thanks for the reminder of God's faithfulness!

    Blessings,
    Melissa

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

    I "accidentally" found your blog just now - and want to tell you I will pray for you and your family. Our family was also touched by multiple myeloma, and I also wanted to tell you of a friend who had very good success with being treated with his MM with thalidomide - it has kept it in remission for many years. I also noticed you and I had a similar post on our goal in life - to honor God - so may God bless you for your honoring him!

    And may you continue to take hold of God and pull (this is the name of a devotional I read in college) and also have you read the Phil Yancey book - I think it was the "Disappointment with God" book, or else "where is God when it hurts", maybe they will also bring comfort to you.

    Blessings - Diane from Michigan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home