Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Sunday, June 1, 2008

God of All

My intention is not to turn this blog into a lyrics site, but since God often speaks to me through songs, I naturally want to share them.

I recently downloaded the album This is My Cry by Kees Kraayenoord, a Dutch worship leader (available from the iTunes Music Store.) The song below, God of the Moon and Stars is almost an afterthought on the album, coming at the very end, and apparently not recorded live as the rest of the album is. (You can see a video of Kees singing the song here.) I have listened to this song many times, and the thought that keeps coming to my mind is that God is indeed the God of everyone. Not just the ones who have trusted in Christ as Savior. Colossians 1:16 says: "For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him." All things. Everyone. He is God of all, even if they don't acknowledge Him. It's one of those things that I know, but the depth and breadth of that truth hadn't sunk in. Read these words, then let me know what you think.

God of the Moon and Stars

God of the moon and stars
God of the gay- and singles bars
God of the fragile hearts we are, I come to you
God of our history, god of the future that will be
What will you make of me, I come to you

God of the meek and mild,
God of the reckless and the wild
God of the unreconciled, I come to you
God of our life and death
God of our secrets unconfessed
God of our every breath, I come to you

God of the rich and poor
God of the princess and the whore
God of the ever open door, I come to you
God of the unborn child
God of the pure and undefiled
God of the pimp and pedophile, I come to you

God of the war and peace
God of the junkie and the priest
God of the greatest and the least, I come to you
God of the refugee
God of the prisoner and the free
God of our doubt and certainty, I come to you

God of our joy and grief
God of the lawyer and the thief
God of our faith and unbelief, I come to you
God of the wounds we bear
God of the deepest dreams we share
God of our unspoken prayer, I come to you

God of a world that´s lost
God af the lonely cross
God who has come to us, I come to you

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home