Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Daily Blessings #'s 23, 24, 25, 26

#23 - Honestly, I don't remember much about Sunday. I was able to eat some of Sarah's pizza, which was great after so many days of an upset stomach.

#24 - Grace needed to go to the After Hours clinic, but I wasn't up to driving, so Sarah drove through a very wet snowstorm, and safely.

#25 - I felt well enough to go out with Sarah to do some errands. We believe we narrowly missed an accident. I have tried to have a different perspective on being slowed down when driving for some time. You never know.

#26 - Thank you, Lord, for the promise of eternal life to those who trust in Your Son.

This has been a difficult month, with making a treatment decision for my husband, having a cold, then a stomach bug, and dealing with a nasty reaction to a medication. Then today we found out that my only surviving grandmother had a massive stroke. The prognosis is unknown. In all this, though, God has remained by my side, He has remained faithful and true. I think those are the things we need to remember every day of our lives.

My Redeemer Is Faithful And True

(Steven Curtis Chapman and James Isaac Elliott)

[Psalm 103:17]

As I look back on the road I've travelled,
I see so many times He carried me through;
And if there's one thing that I've learned in my life,
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

[Chorus:]
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
Everything He has said He will do,
And every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

My heart rejoices when I read the promise
'There is a place I am preparing for you.'
I know someday I'll see my Lord face to face,
'Cause my Redeemer is faithful and true.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

[Chorus]

And in every situation He has proved His love to me;
When I lack the understanding, He gives more grace to me.

[Chorus]

Holding Faith,



Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At December 5, 2008 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Lori Stilger said...

    Ginny, you are an amazing woman. I'm am so blessed to know you. Thank you for being such an example of faith through an undescribably difficult season in your life.
    BE BLESSED, my friend.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home