Holding Faith

One woman's spiritual journey through life, hanging on to faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher and perfecter of that faith. " . . . that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith . . . " (I Timothy 1: 18c, 19; ESV)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

He Speaks to Us


Do you ever stop to truly contemplate the wonder of the Lord God Almighty - His great love for us?  I've been doing just that this past week or so. 

I got out of bed an hour ago because I'm in pain . . . I will be calling the doctor later.  A habit I've tried to cultivate is that whenever I can't sleep, I pray. This morning was no exception.  After praying for a while, I started listening to worship music on my iPod.  One song that I've been playing a lot is When You Speak To Me by Twila Paris.  As it played a bit ago, the tears just started running down my cheeks as I thought about my God who loves me so much that He will speak to me.  But am I still enough to hear?  We live such hurried lives, don't we?  Even when we sit down, we're never still.  At least I'm not - I always find some reason to get up.  But I'm realizing that I must take the time to sit still and be quiet, listening for the voice of God.  "Be still, and know that I am God."  (Psalm 46:10, ESV)  How we need that reminder!  

Take time to be still and listen to the Lord today.  You might be surprised at what you hear, and how it affects your life.

When You speak to me
When I take the time to listen
There is more than what I think I feel
When You speak to me
When I sit and still the motion
There is nothing left but what is real
There is an answer to every question
The answer is You
CHORUS:
And the heavens open when You speak to me
Pouring light into my waiting heart
And the music fills an ocean silently, quietly
When you speak to me
When You speak to me
When You call me and surround me
There is peace to cover any pain
When You speak to me
When You place Your word inside me
I am filled and I am strong again
There is a reason for every longing
The reason is You

Holding Faith,



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home